The awards took place online on Tuesday 21st September, we had hoped and planned for a live event but moved to our virtual platform to ensure the safety of all guests. Although we couldn’t all get together, there were still lots of celebrations going on in services around the country and the team spirit shone through.
We are pleased to say that we had over 100 attendees join us to celebrate the important work they have each done in raising mental health awareness, reducing stigma and supporting people’s recovery journey.
Including the Mark Britton Service User Choice Award, we had six fantastic winners, all of who were able to join us online as they were announced as the winners of their categories. Our winners were:
- Health and Wellbeing Award –‘Team Monthly Challenge’, Francis Willis Unit, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Excellence in Co-Production – ‘Transitional Stories’, Rampton Hospital PICU, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Recovery and the Arts Award ‘Smart Phone Movies’, Francis Willis Unit, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Breaking Down Barriers Award – ‘Diverse Mums Group’, Perinatal Mental Health Service, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Outstanding Service User Achievement Award ‘Nick (Peer Trainer)’, River House, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Mark Britton Service User Choice Award – ‘Sedgley’s Work Programmes’, Cygnet Sedgley House and Lodge, Cygnet Health Care
Entertainment for the day was provided by service users from Cygnet Bostall House, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust, the People Focussed Group in Doncaster, Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, Cygnet Hospital Stevenage and Cygnet Hospital Beckton. Thank you to everyone for sharing your talents and stories of recovery with us all.
“It’s one of the proudest moments of my life. My objective is to do more, more of the same, and this award has given me the confidence to continue with my journey and continue with my personal obligation to give back to the service that has helped me so much”Nick, Winner of the Outstanding Service User Involvement Award (on winning an award)
We would like to say a big thank you to our judges from NHS England, Together for Mental Wellbeing and Rethink Mental Illness, who were supported by a panel of service user judges. Thank you also to our service user events team and sponsor Cygnet Health Care.
Finally, a massive congratulations to all our finalists and winners. You should feel so proud of how your work is helping people on their journey towards recovery. We can’t wait for next year’s event which will hopefully once again be a live event!