“I have won an award so happy days. The idea of the National Service User Awards is absolutely fantastic and must stay and get better even.”Award winner
We asked Rosie Ayub, who acts as the lead judge for the awards, to provide some thoughts on what makes a good nomination. Some of her tips about what the panel are looking for are as follows:
- How involved are service users in the project – i.e. is it truly a service user led project or at least a partnership project?
- What impact has the project had, on service users and the service as a whole?
- How sustainable is the project or the outcomes from the project?
- How innovative is the project?
- Could the project be easily replicated or rolled out in other services?
We suggest including as much detail as you can on the nomination so the judges can identify if the project meets the objectives outlined above.
“What a brilliant innovation. It gives people something to work towards with a possible award for their efforts. I wholeheartedly support this initiative, it raises horizons.”Service user
Nominations for the 2017 National Service User Awards have now closed.