“I have won an award so happy days. The idea of the National Service User Awards is absolutely fantastic and must stay and get better even.”Award winner
We asked Rosie Ayub, who acts as the lead judge for the awards, to provide some thoughts on what makes a good nomination. Some of her tips about what the panel are looking for are as follows:
- How involved are service users in the project – i.e. is it truly a service user led project or at least a partnership project?
- What impact has the project had, on service users and the service as a whole?
- How sustainable is the project or the outcomes from the project?
- How innovative is the project?
- Could the project be easily replicated or rolled out in other services?
We suggest including as much detail as you can on the nomination so the judges can identify if the project meets the objectives outlined above.
The categories for the 2018 awards are as follows:
- Community Social and Vocational Initiatives
- Breaking Down Barriers: Tackling Stigma
- Recovery and the Arts
- Health and Wellbeing Initiative
- Outstanding Service User Involvement Award – Team or Individual
The popular “Service User Choice Award” will also be back for 2018, with a live vote on the day.
The closing date for nominations is Friday 8th December 2018.
Making a nomination is easy, simply download and complete a nomination form and email it to email@example.com. For further information please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.